Welcome to the Computer Vision and Multimedia Lab website.GET IN TOUCH
The launch of a huge EuroAsian education project
Modernisation of Higher Education in Central Asia through new Technologies (HiEdTec)
The European Commission has signed the contract of a new project on the modernization of education in 15 universities from Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan and in 4 European universities from Bulgaria, Italy, Portugal and Luxembourg.
Italy is represented in the project consortium by the University of Pavia (in particular, by the Computer Vision and Multimedia Lab of the Department of Electrical, Computer and Biomedical Engineering).
The initiator of the project and project coordinator is the University of Ruse – a Bulgarian higher education institution with a 20 year long experience in the management of similar large scale projects.
The main project aim is to modernise the higher education system in Central Asia through the use of new technologies.
The University of Ruse will share both its Programme for Adapting the Educational System to the Digital Generation through Active Implementation of ICT-based Innovative Education Technologies and its draft of the National Programme for Digital Transformation of Education within the consortium.
The Handbook of Innovative Educational Technologies of the University of Ruse will be adapted to fit the purposes of the project and will be translated into Russian and English. An interactive multimedia version of this handbook, which will be available to all interested parties, will be published on the Internet.
A Centre for Innovative Educational Technologies will be created in each of the Central Asian partner universities. These centres will follow the model of the Centre for Innovative Educational Technologies of the University of Ruse. Another project output will be the creation of study halls of the future which will be equipped in a similar fashion as the study halls of the University of Ruse that are tailored to meet the needs of digital learners.
By signing the project contract the European Commission once again showed that the digital transformation of education is one of the key priorities of the European Commission – a fact that Mariya Gabriel, the Commissioner for Digitalization, has repeatedly stressed in her speeches and interviews.
Here follows a map of the Central Asian project partners.
- the Digital Transformation of Industries (Industry 4.0), which also requires DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION OF EDUCATION with overtaking pace, the consortium will develop Concepts of adapting the educational system to the digital generation, considering the specific conditions of each of the partner countries;
- the requirement of the EU to give the opportunity for EVERYBODY to learn at ANY time and at ANY place with the help of ANY lecturer, using ANY device – computer, laptop, tablet, phablet, smart phone, etc. the consortium will create Centres for innovative education technologies.
- Sustainable academic network for sharing experience and exchange of good practices in the field of innovative educational technologies and didactic models;
- 5 Concepts of adapting the education system to the digital generation - 1 per Partner country (PC);
- 15 Centres for innovative educational technologies - 1 at each PC university;
- 45 active learning classrooms - 3 at each PC university;
- Virtual classrooms – 1 at each PC university;
- Handbook of innovative educational technologies;
- Courses for trainers for the acquisition of digital skills and learning methods;
- Courses for lecturers for the acquisition of digital skills and learning methods;
- 75 e-Learning courses - 5 at each PC university;
- 75 PowerPoint presentations of lectures, suitable for delivering using interactive electronic white board - 5 at each PC university;
- Cloud-based Virtual Library of the digital educational resources.
- The project products will be of benefit for all stakeholders in education:
> National and university policy-makers in the field of education;
> University academics who are trainers / lecturers / learners;
> Scientific, economic and social partners.
- The project will help to turn partner universities into innovative universities and to improve the quality of the trained specialists, who are necessary to perform the Digital Transformation of Industries (Industry 4.0).